European FooD Studies & Training Alliance (EUFood-STA)
The ERASMUS+ Knowledge Alliance project (554312-EPP-1-2014-1-AT-EPPKA2-KA) will establish an independent “EuFooD-STA Center”, a platform with local hubs in different regions, as an organisational frame for international and sustainable collaborations between industry and academia in the food sector.
Involved are 7 universities, 3 food companies and 11 multiplier organisations and training providers based in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland and UK.
The independent “EuFooD-STA Center” will enhance on the one hand innovative education & training for students, targeted towards the needs of the industry and thus increasing their employability and on the other hand innovative continual professional development (CPD) for academic and company staff by facilitating experience exchange.
These will be achieved by
- work and training experiences through industrial and university placement
- promoting of best practices of already existing training materials and methods
- joint academic/company tutoring and supervision
- joint development of guidelines for the design and implementation of joint “industrial master” curricula
- joint development of a CPD programme and certification scheme for company and university staff
- joint development of trainings material, modules, courses, etc. to improve existing academic curricula and CPD training
- development of a digital library consisting of tutorials, recorded webinars, online courses, etc., a multilingual database and an e-learning platform
Industry partners can train their staff and make use of placement of researchers who can collect practical experiences.
University partners can train their teaching staff, tune their study programmes, make use of modules from other Universities or new modules developed in collaboration with Industry and other academic partners.